The Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) ground school course is designed to:
- Fulfill the criteria for a "Compliant Pilot of Small UAV System"
- Educate the pilot/operator about the "system of aviation" in Canada
- Create a better understanding with Transport Canada Inspectors in regards to Special Flight Operations Certificate applications
This course covers all of the topics found in the Transport Canada "Recommended Knowledge Requirements for less than 25 kg, Visual Line of Sight Guide TP 15263".
- Air Law and Procedures
- Commercial Air Services
- UAV operations and requirements
- Pilot decision making and human factors
- Weather services
- Flight planning
- Airspace and Aerodromes
- Aeronautical radio operators certificate
Includes 30 hours of course material including video, presentations, quizzes, and examination. Access to the course is for 270 consecutive calendar days from any device for one user.
On the successful completion of the course a certificate of completion will be issued.